Bible Study is an essential part of spiritual growth.
When we study the bible word by word as well as exploring the historical background, culture, and people mentioned in the bible, we get to to reflect on how God's words can apply to our daily lives in the modern day.
ENM Weekly Bible Study is in session after the sermon of Sunday Worship (See Sunday Worship page for location and time). Members are divided into various small groups and begin bible study for 1 to 1.5 hours. There is group discussion, meditation/reflection, prayer time and more. Usually, a new topic or material is introduced each semester.
Why Study the Bible? Some reasons include
- Because it is the word of God
- Because God reveals Himself (His power, nature) to us through His words
- So we know who Jesus Christ is and what He has done
- So we know why we are sinners and thus need salvation that only Jesus can give
- So we know God's purpose in our lives and how He wants us to live